Tragic: 2 siblings burnt to death in Lagos

0
25

Two siblings, Ganiat and Oyin Tunde, were reportedly burnt to death after a fire following an electric spark in Ijede area of Lagos State.

Punch gathered that the fire started around 12.18am on Saturday in a bungalow at No. 4 Itundesan Street, near Odoro.

READ ALSO: Another UNILAG lecturer suspended over s3x for grade reports

Narrating the sad scene to newsmen, an uncle to the victims, Danmola Ajani who is also a retired employee of the Lagos State Fire Service, said the building was the familys’ property, added the victims’ father and mother escaped through the window.

“As a former worker of the Lagos State Fire Service, I used my experience in the best way I could to rescue the situation. We had many constraints. We could not get any borehole nearby to fetch water to extinguish the fire.

“Some youths went to the lagoon to fetch water, which we used to extinguish the inferno before firefighters arrived.

READ ALSO: Davido gets endorsement for unborn son, OBO Jnr. (Photos)

READ ALSO: UNILAG reacts, shuts down secret ‘Cold Room’ (Video)

“I called them long before they came. It is difficult to locate this place. The poor state of the roads contributed to our travail that day.

“It took them almost four hours to get to this place because of the extremely bad roads from Odoguyan to this place.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here