A couple, Adamu Mohammed and Sumaiya Adamu, have been killed by generator fumes in Nigeri State.
The Niger State Police Command spokesperson confirmed the death, stating that the sad incident happened on Monday.
According to him, 30-year-old Adamu and 20-year-old Sumaiya Adamu got married in December 2018.
He noted that one of the Husband’s brother came to their resident at Maitunbi in Minna and after several attempts of knocks with no response he left the building.
But neighbours who noticed the sudden silence in the flat, alerted other residents and broke the door.
“Preliminary investigations revealed that the couple died as a result of the generator fumes. They died due to lack of ventilation from the generator fumes,” he said.
The victims have been buried according to Islamic rites.