Two persons on Tuesday lost their lives and two others injured after a commercial bus caught fire at Oke Afa, Isolo in Lagos.
The incident happened after the driver of the 14-seater bus entered a pothole, which contained spilled petrol and sparked.
A passerby, Olamiju Oretola who witnessed the fire incident told The Nation that:
“Passengers sustained injuries while rushing out of the bus. They have been taken to Isolo General Hospital. While I was on the scene, Fire Service officials were mopping up the remaining fuel.
“I learnt that there was a spark from probably an exhaust pipe, which caused the fire.”
Confirming the incident, the Fire Service spokesperson Mrs Bola Ajao said they received a distress call about a burning bus at Oke Afa and officials rushed to the scene.