Just the little things we do can go a long way in keeping our loved ones closer to us in peace and romance. We wonder why some couples stay longer in relationships than some of us, well it isn’t as difficult as we think. They go through the extra mile to make their partner feel special. What exactly is this extra mile you may ask. It is just simply doing what you wouldn’t normally do if you were single. To enlighten you more on the things they do to stay happy as a couple:
- Switch off your phone or in silent mode, and put it away: When your phone isn’t off, you easily get distracted on chatting or making a business phone call or a call coming through when you’re supposed to be spending the time with your partner, having dinner and discussing about various things and how your day went.
- Forget about work: You could discuss about work yeah! not detailed but brief in order not to bore your partner. Maybe something interesting that happened, or how your escaped a bad luck and all, but don’t bring work at home and take your mind off your partner.
- Go to bed at the same time with your partner: why exactly will you be busy with the television while your partner is asleep or what exactly are you doing when you’re supposed to be having a personal time with your partner in the bedroom. They certainly do not get enough of you during the day, when you get back home shower, have dinner together, have a chat then go to bed together in cuddle and be like a reminder in their heads where they will never get to forget you or feel uneasy when you’re not around.
- Have a heart-to-heart talk: Always remember to have a heart to heart talk, concerning things that are bothering you, changes in your relationship and about, what needs to be improved in the family, basically anything that is bothering you or what you want to discuss about. It doesn’t necessarily have to be changed, but things that have to be looked into. It will help you guys grow and know that you confide in each other, things get easier that way.
- Don’t argue or get into heated conversation: Sometimes, heart talks may rise to an argument because of misunderstanding. Listen before you talk, try to find a solution instead of focusing on the problem, Avoid arguments before you sleep and if there is one, make sure you settle and cuddle up before going to bed.
- Keep your bedroom child free: It’s time to go to bed, don’t let the kids in your bedroom, leave them to go to bed. Have a time to yourselves and don’t get distracted by your kids.
- Don’t drink alcohol or smoke. Don’t do this before going to bed with your partner. Drinking and smoking have a way of controlling you without realizing it. Imagine waking up to know that you did something stupid a night before and cost you guys an argument, or you went to bed in a rash behavior because you just couldn’t help it and hurt your partners feelings. Remember, prevention is better than cure.
- Give each other a massage: After stress of the day’s work, I guess we all deserve a massage and pat in the back. Take turns in massaging yourselves every night, so you could sleep well.
- Finally, don’t forget about hug and kisses. Some couples forget the power of hugs and kisses on a daily basis. We get married and forget to do these little things that keep us together which is quite sad.
Like i said earlier without disappointing you, these are the extra step we should take in making a happy relationship this Valentine.